Back to jobs
We're looking for a Business Data Analyst to join our team at Wimbledon.
This role will support other teams across the organisation with their analytical needs to assist with their strategic and operational decision making.
What you will be doing
- Analysing data to prepare reports and presentations using clear and visually impactful data visualisations that provide clarity, draw out valuable insights and effectively communicate findings
- Build and maintain dashboards used during The Championships and throughout the year
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and work closely with the Research and Data Analytics Manager
- Communicate findings with Directors and Senior Managers
- Assist the wider Data & Analytics team with adopting new technologies and processes to help utilise data and analytics more widely and effectively
- Assist with delivery of in-house research programmes by coding questionnaires, analysing data, and preparing final reports (incl. for the Board and Committees)
- Example project areas: Finance, Tennis Operations, Retail, Food & Drink, Ticketing, Tournament Operations, Estate Development and Management
- Example projects: Prize money allocation, Ticket price-setting and allocation, Ticket transactions flow rates, Introduction of final-set tie break, Introduction of play on Middle Sunday, Food & Drink spend overview, Online retail shipping costs reduction, Various attendee surveys
- Main tools used: Excel, Power BI, and PowerPoint
- Other tools used: SQL, Python, and Qualtrics
- About 1-2 years of experience with data wrangling and analysis, drawing out conclusions, and creating reports and/or presentations with the findings
- Aptitude for numbers and logical thinking that support strong problem solving and analytical skills, especially when coming up with non-standard solutions
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation and outside
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a can-do attitude and to learn quickly
- Good experience with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- A minimum of a 2:1 undergraduate degree in quantitative / analytical subject such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, etc. A-level (or equivalent) in Mathematics
- Experience with Power BI / Tableau / or similar
- Experience with SQL / Alteryx / or other ETL tools
- Tennis knowledge and general interest in sport industry
- The All England Lawn Tennis Club (Championships) Limited (AELTC) organises and stages The Championships, Wimbledon, widely regarded as the world's premier tennis tournament, hosted on the Grounds of one of the world's most prestigious tennis clubs.
- Our business has grown in recent years, and we expect that success to continue. We have plans to further improve our facilities and invest in our people in future years. Our success is important to us, and we are guided by our key values of Heritage, Integrity, Respect and Excellence.
- The role of the Research and Data Analytics team is to assist all departments across the organisation with their analytical needs and to help drive wider adoption of data-driven decision-making