The transport team at Wimbledon are looking to recruit a team of drivers to help deliver a world class transport service throughout the Championships.
What are we looking for?
Our values of Heritage, Integrity, Respect and Excellence are at the heart of everything we do. We are looking for individuals who can display these when providing outstanding customer service, ensuring an unforgettable experience for every guest.
- Safe and competent driver, able to drive both manual and automatic vehicles
- Hold a manual driving licence for at least five years
- Displays the highest levels of integrity and commitment
- Comprehensive driving knowledge of SW & Central London including the surrounding airports
- Able to competently operate a smartphone including navigation software
- Good map reading skills
- Can quickly and calmly respond to changes in instructions
- Diplomacy and confidentiality are essential
- Previous examples of providing high levels of customer service
- Smart and presentable while representing the AELTC
- Excellent communication and English language skills (additional foreign languages would be beneficial)
- Based within a 10-mile radius of Wimbledon during the period of the contract
- Right to work in the UK
- You must be available to work every day from 21 June - 15 July 2024
- You will be required to attend two mandatory days of training on site at the AELTC prior to your start date. Training dates are likely to be between 12 - 15 June.
- You must have the right to work in the UK.
- You must hold a valid and current driving licence, and have done so for 5 years.
- If shortlisted, the second stage Assessment Centres take place between 17 January - 19 January 2024.
- You will be required to have your driving licence status validated through an independent organisation and/or to undergo a DBS check for certain driving roles.
The Driving Role
Our drivers are an integral part of the transport team as they will move a wide variety of high-profile clients from accommodation sites throughout London to the AELTC and other official venues. Responsibilities include:
- Working as part of a large team of drivers to deliver a professional and timely courtesy car service to The Championships
- Chauffeuring competitors, officials and accredited VIPs to and from The Championships, Qualifying and official practice venues from the first day of practice through until the end of The Championships
- Servicing arrivals and departures of competitors and invited guests from London airports and stations at the beginning and end of their stay
- Working under the guidance and direction of the Fleet Management team
- Providing an exceptional and discrete level of service to all passengers
- Adhere to all relevant road safety, highway and traffic regulations
The All England Lawn Tennis Club (Championships) Limited (AELTC) organises and stages The Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships, widely regarded as the world’s premier tennis tournament and are home to one of the world’s most prestigious tennis clubs.
The Championships attract over 500,000 visitors every year and has a global television audience of up to 1 billion people. Each year, we directly employ around 1,800 people to work in a variety of guest-facing and operational roles such as Retail, Guest Services, Player Services, Court Services, Accreditation and many others.
Our values of Heritage, Integrity, Respect and Excellence are at the heart of everything we do. We are looking for individuals who can display these when providing excellent customer service, ensuring a memorable experience for every guest.