The transport team at Wimbledon are looking to recruit a number of critical roles that will help deliver a world class transport service throughout the Championships. This includes courtesy car (fleet) operations and venue transport operations at the All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) and at a number of other venues and accommodation sites across London.
What are we looking for?
Our values of Heritage, Integrity, Respect and Excellence are at the heart of everything we do. We are looking for individuals who can display these in the workplace, ensuring an unforgettable experience for every guest.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an event management or operational role
- First hand experience in managing a team and delivering training
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Highly articulate and with attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills
- Ideally a good understanding of SW & Central London geography including the surrounding airports
- Can quickly and calmly respond to changes in instructions
- Experience working in event transport or a chauffeur company, ideally within the fleet management area is beneficial
- Right to work in the UK
- You must be available to work from 4 June 2024 - 15 July 2024.
- You will be required to attend an induction on site at the AELTC prior to your start date. Training dates will depend on the role.
- You must be 18 years or older before the start of employment and have the right to work in the UK.
- You must hold a valid and current driving licence.
- If shortlisted, the second stage Assessment Centre will take place on 24 January 2024 at The AELTC, Wimbledon.
What you'll be doing:
Reporting directly to the Fleet Operations Manager, you will be part of the management team responsible for the day-to-day courtesy car operations. The courtesy car fleet consists of approximately 180 vehicles and 350 drivers which operate from 21 June 2024 through until 15 July 2024 across a number of venues in south-west and central London.
You will be responsible for overseeing fleet controllers, driver managers, dispatchers, bookers and drivers who come together to deliver the holistic courtesy car operations providing Championships guests with a world class transportation experience. In addition to these teams, you will work alongside the fleet logistics team who maintain the vehicles, and the Wimbledon workforce team who recruit and manage the event workforce
Key responsibilities of the team include:
- Oversight of the Bookers who will be taking requests for transport, Fleet Controllers who will be processing requests for transport, Dispatchers who are ensuring drivers and vehicles are mobilised at the right times / places and ensuring that Drivers are adequately supported to deliver a safe, secure and efficient journey to each and every client
- Prioritising resources as required based on an overall view of all fleet demand across the network
- Prepare check-in and vehicle allocation schedules for operations
- Preparing and providing daily briefings for drivers
- Managing, allocating and maintaining assets including keys, radios, phones and vehicle packs
- Supporting any drivers questions and queries
- Ensure that service level agreements are being met for each of the client groups and rectifying any issues or challenges as they arise
Managing the Fleet Management Office:
- ensure that the office and teams are appropriately staffed, that any issues are being resolved in a timely manner etc.
- Utilising and monitoring the fleet management system
- Working alongside the Transport Workforce Manager to manage any staffing challenges, disciplinary issues etc.
- Resolve any “on the kerb” issues with vehicles, drivers or space at venues
- Responsible for the development of all daily reporting from the Fleet Management Office
- Collaborating with transport partners and stakeholders to ensure robust operational transport plans that balance competing demands
- Supporting bus and fleet operations and workforce at venues ensuring that transport services are provided to a consistently high service level
- Working in collaboration with other AELTC functional areas and departments to ensure appropriate space and overlay is provided to enable the Venue Transport Operating Plans to function as designed
- Identifying, capturing, resolving and escalating Venue Transport specific risks as required
- Coordinating and integrating the operations of various transport stakeholders and providers
- Assisting with delivery of transport training
The All England Lawn Tennis Club (Championships) Limited (AELTC) organises and stages The Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships, widely regarded as the world’s premier tennis tournament and are home to one of the world’s most prestigious tennis clubs.
The Championships attract over 500,000 visitors every year and has a global television audience of up to 1 billion people. Each year, we directly employ around 2,000 people to work in a variety of guest-facing and operational roles such as Retail, Guest Services, Player Services, Transport, Court Services, Accreditation and many others.
Our values of Heritage, Integrity, Respect and Excellence are at the heart of everything we do. We are looking for individuals who can display these when providing excellent customer service, ensuring a memorable experience for every guest.