We're looking to appoint a highly motivated individual to join our team. In this role you will provide all round administration to assist with the technical and operational aspects of our ticketing delivery. You will have experience in ticketing systems or other bespoke software.
This role is on a 12 months fixed term contract.
What you will be doing
You will have excellent communication, administrative and organisational skills and must work well within a team. The successful candidate will support the ticketing operation utilising the ticketing system alongside established, internal processes. This means that on a day-to-day basis you can expect to:
- Assist with the setup of the ticketing system, associated online platforms, various allocations. You’ll set up/check master plans of the Show Courts on the ticketing system, and be responsible for setting up and checking ticket prices accurately and efficiently
- Input allocations, check and balance these in our systems, you’ll manage ticket refunds and contribute to the year-end balancing and reconciling of circa half a million tickets
- Manage end to end ticketing processes, including assisting with the online ballot banking & allocating; running daily settlements, and administering refunds, ensuring that our financial records are consistently balanced and up to date
- Take responsibility for ticket allocations issued to third parties and assist with the distribution of tickets across the major categories of ticket holders
- Work across all aspects of Debenture ticketing and the Qualifying Competition.
- Understanding and managing relevant technical/online issues with support from technical teams all the way through to resolution.
- Work closely alongside other Senior Ticketing Executives and proactively engage with colleagues to identify operational processes that can be automated. Work closely with all departments to create efficient solutions
- Support and maintain all web-based applications used within the department -support testing and maintenance of existing features and seeing this through to roll out.
- Deal with any special projects as and when required, liaising with other departments as necessary
- Supporting the team with any issues or queries that may arise in a patient and methodical manner
- Provide event day trouble shooting and ticket resolution to deliver a best-in-class guest experience and assist with the smooth running of the ticket operation during The Championships
- Ensure a good level of understanding of tasks, support, and responsibilities with other Senior Ticketing Executives ensuring continuity and resilience for the department
- You’ll have at least 2 years’ experience with ticketing systems or similar bespoke software from previous work in the live events industry.
- You’ll be able to maintain accurate records, work with confidential information and have the ability to work under pressure whilst demonstrating attention to detail with meticulous accuracy
- You need to have worked in a previous role where you have administered complex processes and can demonstrate excellent reporting skills
- Along with having great people skills, you will have the ability to communicate well with a variety of stakeholders both verbally and in written communications.
- You need to be able to demonstrate a flexible approach to the varying workload
- You need to be able to assimilate quickly new instructions and procedures, work autonomously, prioritise/re-prioritise workload, and communicate updates and issues accordingly
- You must be a competent user of Microsoft Office suite and previous experience of ticketing and dealing with complex queries is essential
- You must be able to use your own initiative to identify any problems and takes active steps for a quality resolution,
- You must be accustomed to multi-tasking and meeting deadlines calmly
- The All England Lawn Tennis Club (Championships) Limited (AELTC) organises and stages The Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships, widely regarded as the world’s premier tennis tournament and are home to one of the world’s most prestigious tennis clubs.
- Our business has grown in recent years and we expect that success to continue. We have plans to further improve our facilities and invest in our people in future years. Our success is important to us and we are guided by our key values of Heritage, Integrity, Respect and Excellence.
- The Ticketing Department issues and accounts for over half a million tickets every year for the four ticketed Show Courts and The Queue (via which many thousands of Grounds Passes are sold). It administers all aspects of the Public Ballot and a wide variety of other allocations; it prepares and supplies tickets in bulk to a range of third parties, for instance the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) and Official Suppliers.