We are looking for a Learning and Community Team Support to assist in the delivery of our Learning, Early Years & Family Programmes, both year-round and during The Championships. This includes providing outstanding guest experience for all external visitors and internal stakeholders who are engaging with our team. The role is on a fixed term 24 month basis.
What you will be doing
- Support the Learning & Family Programmes to ensure consistent standards of guest service and efficient working practices.
- Manage our online booking management system used for all visits, including weekly update calls, entering new offerings and updating information, testing new features.
- Facilitate the booking process and logistics of learning and community group visits, proactively troubleshooting potential issues and being agile to adapt to last minute changes.
- Engage with a team of Learning Facilitators, both permanent and casual colleagues, with timely and thorough communication of schedules, upcoming events, and general team information.
- Coordinate all operational matters, liaising with relevant teams such as Retail, F&D, Estates, Security and the Club.
- Drive improvement of existing systems to facilitate best possible guest experience.
- Follow the company invoicing procedure and raise and reconcile invoices.
- Assist in coordinating team events including meetings and training sessions, and pull together reports and documents for internal and external use.
- Support a suite of activities during the Qualifying Event and The Championships including on- and offsite learning events, player events, etc.
- Assist with the compilation of rotas, delivery of Championship tours, liaising with Retail, Guest Services Team, Security and all other relevant groups to ensure outstanding guest experience and appropriate levels of health and safety for all.
- Support the delivery of Learning & Family experiences on occasion.
- Ability to present information to others in a small group setting or lead small tours if needed.
- Attend and represent Learning and Family Programmes in relevant meetings both internally and externally.
- This job description provides a guideline only. Your role is likely to evolve and other duties may be required of you in the future, as directed by the Schools and Universities Coordinator, the Children, Young People and Families Coordinator or the Head of Community Strategy.
- This position report to the Schools and Universities Coordinator with a dotted line to the Children, Young People and Families Coordinator to reflect that this role supports both the Learning and the Family programme.
- This is a basic 35- hour five day week position, with occasional weekend or after hours working at events to meet operational requirements.
- During The Championships you will be expected to work additional hours and take on additional duties during this time.
- During peak periods, holiday restrictions may apply for operational reasons.
- Organised, self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently and within a team.
- Detail oriented with the ability to cope with fluctuating workloads over the course of the year.
- Confident, pro-active approach to problem solving and a confident communicator.
- Clear and fluent spoken English and a good standard of written English.
- Good level of numeracy and experience of spreadsheets, databases.
- Experience managing a diverse offering of guest and/or learning experiences.
- Willingness to undergo training as required.
- A Disclosure and Barring Service check will be made of all successful candidates. This will be carried out on your behalf by the AELTC and a fully clear disclosure is the minimum requirement for employment.
- Experience with online booking management systems.
- Experience of working in museums, heritage and/or education.
- Basic understanding of safeguarding and Health and safety standards.
- Founded in 1868, The All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) is a private members’ club which organises and stages The Championships, Wimbledon. In December 2019, it acquired land adjacent to its current site and intends to incorporate this natural, historic landscape into its future plans.
- The AELTC Community Strategy team’s role is to strategically develop the organisation’s approach to being a force for good and giving back to its local community across Merton and Wandsworth plus further afield, connecting members of the public to Wimbledon making Wimbledon a welcoming place for all. Our award-winning Learning programme plays a key role in that, welcoming thousands of students each year to experience the magic of where lawn tennis began. Our educator-designed classes run from September to May and include links to the National Curriculum. We welcome groups to our Grounds and host events at the Qualifying Event at Roehampton and assemblies in-person at local schools. Engaging students in an interactive and entertaining environment is at the heart of our programme.
- Our rapidly expanding and evolving Early Years and Family Programmes offer fun, unique and inspiring experiential and digital engagement opportunities for children and families to discover the magic of Wimbledon. Through a range of storytelling, movement, arts and crafts, and other specifically designed content, the programmes support the development of key motor, coordination, and speech and language skills, whilst crucially expanding and diversifying Wimbledon audiences too.
- The Learning & Family Programmes are in an exciting expansion phase, with additional resources committed over the next two years. This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly organised and passionate individual to assist our team in supporting the delivery of a highly successful programme and the role will be essential in facilitating the growth of our work and developing new avenues for our brand.
- Finally, the AELTC has grown in recent years and we expect that success to continue. We have plans to further improve our facilities and invest in our people in future years. Our success is important to us and we are guided by our key values of Heritage, Integrity, Respect and Excellence.