We're looking for someone to lead the Guest Data, Insight, and Engagement team, where the primary responsibility is to understand and engage with audiences through data and technology to enable the rest of the business areas thrive. The role will identify opportunities to collate, and to understand the data we hold on our Guests, to engage with our owned audiences base, and to drive the effective use of Guest data throughout the business ensuring it is integrated into all aspects of our operations. This role plays a key role in supporting the business to help deliver against the Corporate Strategy, as well as the Marketing & Commercial and Technology & Data strategies.
This is 12 months fixed term maternity cover.
What you will be doing
- Wimbledon’s audience is like no other. We are looking for someone to join the Marketing and Commercial (M&C) team for a maternity cover contract to continue the growth of our Guest Data, Insight and Engagement functions. This role will be responsible for driving the understanding of our global audiences across the business - we are interested in not only those love Wimbledon, but those who love tennis and other sports too. To excel in this role, the candidate will need a solid grasp of our global brand position as well as understanding individuals’ perceptions of their experience of Wimbledon. This is crucial in delivery of our M&C strategy, and subsequently to achieving our overall Corporate objectives.
- Our ambition is to be the pinnacle of sport, and the primary responsibility of this role is building an environment and an attitude across the business to collate data with the ambition to helping build outstanding experiences, build world class engagement plans and deliver initiatives to these audiences. This role is also equally responsible for delivery of our owned audience engagement plans as well as the insight we derive from our owned guest data. Working closely with the Technology team, establishing an environment for gathering data to meet the ambition of gaining insights into our global markets and key territories that contribute to our ambitious growth plans is a fundamental focus.
- The role encompasses three primary areas. Management of the myWimbledon guest data infrastructure and identifying opportunities to collect data on our guests, ensuring it is gathered fairly, legally and stored and used in a compliant manner. The candidate is responsible for overseeing a team that extracts insights from this guest data as well as adding value using data from other sources, both internal and external, ensuring its effective utilization across the organization to promote data-informed decision-making. And finally, the role involves managing the outbound engagement strategy (GRP) for our myWimbledon database, utilizing channels such as Push, Email, SMS, and Live activities as well as myW facing content on the app and wimbledon.com.
- By collecting relevant data securely and leveraging it to understand our guests, we aim to achieve our ambitions of delivering world-class experiences, both on-site and online. This approach aims to increase brand awareness, foster affinity, and contribute to upholding the traditions and heritage of The Championships, Wimbledon. In addition to leading an internal team of 4 Direct reports, the candidate will also be responsible for managing teams within third-party agencies such as Two Circles, Acoustic, SAP, IBM, and YouGov and collaborating with our Financial and Technology data teams.
- This role is pivotal in ensuring that guest data and insights play a significant role in our decision-making process and that our strategies align with our goals. By effectively utilizing this data and engaging with our audiences, the candidate will contribute to the success of The Championships, Wimbledon.
- We are seeking a highly motivated and detail orientated individual to join our M&C team for a 1 year fixed term Maternity leave contract. This role plays a crucial part in delivering strategies and help drive our brand development, marketing initiatives and data strategies. A key responsibility will be to ensure the accurate collection, organisation, and understanding of Guest data and be a bridge between our M&C and our Technology teams. It serves as a foundation for our strategic business decisions.
- Collaboration will be key in this role, as you will actively seek opportunities to integrate Audience Value and GRP into various projects across the organisation. Your expertise and guidance will help shape business decisions that drive growth and ensure that the Guest and Guest insight remains at the core of our development.
- Additionally, you will lead efforts to drive system and process improvement, enhancing Guest experience, Guest data reporting, and insight. Given the importance we place on Guest data, you will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with current data protection regulations, including, but not limited to, GDPR, PECR and Market Research codes of conduct. You will work closely with the AELTC Marketing, Broadcast and Commercial teams as well as Technology and the Legal teams, to ensure our data policies align with legal requirements and are appropriately updated.
- You will have responsibility for collating, managing, understanding, and protecting AELTCs owned Guest Data (myWimbledon).
- Be a key stakeholder in technology developments with an ownership of Martech & Marketing & Commercial requirements with regards Guests data.
- Continually drive an understanding of the importance of capturing quality and reliable data across the business and grow the understanding & utilisation of it.
- Provide data where required for internal reporting, including reporting for team/s, Committees and Board, specifically supporting the M&C team on the tracking of the teams annual KPIs and OKRs.
- Build strong relationships with all internal departments.
- Be a key stakeholder in the development of the AELTC technology stack for 2024 and beyond and liaise with other areas of the business to ensure CRM architecture is aligned and integrated with other systems.
- Work with the relevant teams on maintaining data governance policies.
- Ensure we continue to collect and maintain high quality data on our Guests and be responsible for Guest data quality and work with Technology and Legal teams to work to protect that at all costs.
- Provide day to day leadership and management of the Guest Data, Insight and Engagement team, including smooth handover and check ins with your maternity leave counterpart.
- Take responsibility for leading the team to providing valuable insights on OKRs and KPIs for the business. Additionally, foster a proactive learning environment within the team to continually understand our domestic and global audiences. Ensure that the team appropriately manage and document the evidence of their learnings.
- Lead, develop and manage Audience and Guest understanding, identifying opportunities to add value business wide.
- Continue to drive the AELTC Guest global Segmentation strategy.
- Be a sounding board and help guide the Guest Insight Manager and ensure that Insights is kept on track and continually developed in line with business ambition.
- Oversee and help guide the team who deliver the Guest Relationship Programme (GRP) for The Championships and the AELTC year-round (both internal & external agency day to day teams)
- Oversee the delivery our owned channel Communications plan ensuring a segmented, personalised and localised experience for all our Guests, including but not limited to Fans, Debenture holders, Members, Media and Broadcasters, Championships Colleagues, Community and Players, to ensure all communications are delivered perfectly, each time, and on time, and are co-ordinated for year-round, as well as The Championships & Qualifying.
- Oversee & drive the development of the future myWimbledon proposition.
- Excellent team management skills and the ability to get buy in at all levels of the business.
- Experience working in a MarTech environment, implementing, managing, and using a marketing/tech stack.
- Recent and relevant experience of CDP (integration and delivery) and knowledge of contributing to technical stack business requirements and experience of working with a complex data estate.
- Recent and relevant experience of managing outbound communications platforms, email, Push, RCS, WhatsApp, SMS etc.
- Recent and relevant experience of working in Data and Insight.
- First class knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office products, outbound comms platforms; WCA and/or IBM suite, Qualtrics, Social Connect and other similar social listening tools.
- Excellent understanding of data analysis and ability to identify trends in data sets and experience of tools such as PowerBI and Azure.
- Strong Management, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of GDPR and PECR and a desire to keep informed of the latest developments in data law and regulations.
- Understanding of Insight platforms, Key driver, and trend analysis and experience of using insight to steer business decisions, end to end.
- Basic HTML knowledge preferred but not essential.
- Degree level or similar education
- Ability to work on own initiative, lead, drive and develop a competent team of.
- Enthusiasm and knowledge for tennis and/or sport.