Back to jobs
- Posted 01 March 2023
- Job type Permanent
- TeamEstate Department
- Expiry 22 March 2023
The Estate Management Team are looking for someone to provide operational support on energy systems across the estate
What you will be doing
- Develop and manage the AELTC energy policy and strategy in conjunction with all parties to achieve energy reduction targets through cost effective and efficient implementation.
- Manage all energy resources to meet these strategic objectives and targets
- Work with Energy Consultants to prepare a 5-10 year plan to achieve our ‘net zero’ emissions from our operations by 2030 commitment with a particular focus on de-gassing the Estate.
- Implement the 5-10 year plan above
- Develop and advise on energy strategy/solutions, developing these into working projects, which meet client objectives and best practice.
- Provide full feasibility studies of costed initiatives / projects to reduce energy usage.
- Project management and implementation of initiatives.
- Work with projects team, ensuring that projects are as energy efficient as is financially possible.
- Provide monitoring and verification through the full cycle of the project to achieve cost and energy efficient solutions.
- Promote energy efficient operations and provide advice and support for the development of energy efficient practices including motivating and training staff across all departments and key suppliers
- Keep updated on Energy Market developments and changes.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of legal, statutory, and technical issues which affect the energy use and performance of the club.
- Oversee the monthly reading of all main utility meters. Also manage The Championships meter reading process.
- Validate and challenge where necessary the consumption figures in relation to Utility Billing.
- Report on the usage of utilities specifically relating to The Championships consumption.
- Provide energy and utility consumption profiles to the Finance Department for events and internal allocation for accounting purposes.
- Plan, monitor and achieve consumption / emission targets
- Understand Utility supply trading arrangements
What part your role will play in The Championships
- Provide operational support to the EM team on energy systems across the estate.
- Ensure Metering system reliability and resilience is maintained through the management of specialist contractors and timely reporting and rectification of issues.
- Monitor and report on energy consumption and performance for future development projects and maintenance planning.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in energy management
- Chartered Energy Manager (desirable)
- Demonstrable experience in the delivery of Net Zero and/or Carbon reduction programmes across a large estate
- An appropriate energy related qualification or equivalent in building services engineering. (To Degree level or higher)
- Extensive knowledge of the principal techniques and technologies which support the efficient use of energy.
- Competency in current benchmark techniques and statistical analysis
- Working knowledge of M&T software
- Project management experience
- Understand the principles behind HVAC, refrigeration and Lighting operation and system design / integration
- Working knowledge of BMS and control theory
- Capable of preparing fully costed energy efficiency proposals and reports
- Ability to conduct full energy surveys and feasibility studies of energy technologies
- The All-England Lawn Tennis Club (Championships) Limited (AELTC) organises and stages The Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships, widely regarded as the world’s premier tennis tournament and are home to one of the world’s most prestigious tennis clubs.
- Our business has grown in recent years, and we expect that success to continue. We have plans to further improve our facilities and invest in our people in future years. Our success is important to us, and we are guided by our key values of Heritage, Integrity, Respect and Excellence.
- The Estate Department’s role is to deliver day to day operational management of all estate infrastructure as well as the refurbishment and new property developments through the Estate Management team and Estate Development team.
- The Estate Department provides the development and operational function for the AELTC’s entire Estate. These include some iconic elements such as the retractable roofs on Centre Court and No.1 Court and less visible elements such as the extensive private electrical network. Recent activities include the construction of a new indoor tennis centre, upgrade of the site-wide Building management systems and the implementation of an online compliance management system.