Debenture Relationship Manager (Maternity Cover)
- Posted 12 May 2023
- Job type Fixed Term
- TeamPeople & Finance
- Expiry 28 May 2023
We're looking for a Debenture Relationship Manager to join us on a 12 month fixed term contract. In this role, you'll manage a small team and lead and develop the differentiated service experience for the complete debenture operation, both year-round and during The Championships.
Delivery of this operation is complex and challenging and a desire to provide a first-class guest experience will be at the heart of your decisions, interactions, planning and the actions that you take.
What you'll be doing
- Lead The Championships operational delivery, ensuring service standards and minimising queues. Take the initiative and go the extra mile; anticipate additional services and requirements
- Oversee and quality control front of house services to debenture holders during The Championships, including seamless operation of debenture areas with the Food & Drink team
- Recruit and train a team of debenture hosts to deliver a knowledgeable, friendly and professional service
- Lead a team of three permanent staff in delivering a continually improving, innovative and world class customer service experience. Recruit, train and develop temporary staff through the Wimbledon placement scheme
- Manage the relationship with debenture holders ensuring a high level of engagement and satisfaction. Encourage a level of personalised service through email, phone and in person events in order to develop and nurture strong relationships, to understand debenture holder needs and challenges and provide the very best support
- Lead the year-round communication with debenture holders, including via the website and email and responses to individual queries to deliver a world class guest experience
- Enhance the debenture website for use by debenture holders, and guests with debenture tickets, providing clear and concise information on the services and facilities available
- Lead The Championships communication with debenture holders, including feedback, queries and managing expectations of your customer base
- Act as an escalation point in relation to customer queries and complaints
- Work with the internal design team to produce annual debenture guides and gifts as well as ad-hoc publications and information
- Run around four annual events for debenture holders
- Working with the Financial Controller, coordinate and develop the Official Market, including proposals, website design, integration and allocation of tickets
- Centre Court debenture issue
- Execute the marketing strategy for the debenture issue.
- Lead the prospectus design process for debenture issues, in conjunction with the creative team.
- Working with the Financial Controller, coordinate and develop the application and allotment process for debentures.
- During The Championships and events, and in the build up to The Championships, you will need to work flexible shifts which will include evenings and weekends.
- Strong background and experience in delivering exceptional customer service in a hospitality, sporting or membership environment
- Articulate and competent communicator across varied customer channels
- Experience in leading customer communications, online, written and verbal, in a membership environment
- Experience of dealing with elite, exclusive or high net worth individuals
- The ability to problem solve, with a proven track record of complex complaint handling
- The ability to manage a varied and challenging workload to strict deadlines
- Dedicated and consistent attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity, with the ability to simplify existing processes
- Experience of managing others
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Ability to communicate with a broad range of customers, adapting style and approach as and when required
- Creative problem solving
- Passionate about providing an exceptional level of service
- Positive and proactive approach to all elements of the role
- Uses initiative and is proactive in helping to create and implement new ideas
- Ability to manage in a pressurised environment
The All England Lawn Tennis Club (Championships) Limited (AELTC) organises and stages The Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships. Debentures for Centre and No.1 Court are issued every five years and debenture holders have a range of facilities available during The Championships. This role is responsible for the overall relationship with debenture holders alongside Championships debenture operations.
This role will be involved in the marketing, creative and transactional elements of the forthcoming Centre Court debenture issue during spring 2024.