Back to jobs
Finance Business Partner
- Posted 26 March 2023
- Job type Permanent
- TeamPeople & Finance
- Expiry 16 April 2023
What you will be doing
In this Finance Business Partner role, you’ll be responsible for providing high-quality reporting and analysis to support a range of Championships profit and cost centres including Championships operations and security, food and drink and the museum. In addition, you will also be responsible for the Wimbledon charitable foundation. You will:
- Become a trusted advisor to the Executives and their teams by providing insightful support to help them manage their budgets and to aid longer term strategic and operational decision making;
- Prepare annual budgets helping Executives and Managers invest wisely to meet their strategic priorities whilst also striking the right balance between service quality and cost;
- Prepare accurate and detailed monthly management accounting schedules including financial forecasts and variance analysis. Be able to identify unexpected budget variances and ensure that all significant items are explained satisfactorily; - Prepare year end management accounts in August (to 31 July year end);
- Assist with contract negotiations and tender evaluations ensuring all major business decisions are taken with sufficient understanding of the financial consequences;
- Draft board reports detailing the financial performance of the Wimbledon Foundation and the Wimbledon museum;
- Support the Finance Controller with the year end audit process and liaise with the external auditors.
- Identify and drive improvements and efficiencies in existing finance processes;
- Work closely with other finance colleagues to ensure accurate recording and processing of financial information;
- Use your knowledge and expertise to help business colleagues address and resolve problems as they arise, for example with invoices or payments to suppliers and covering financial colleagues’ work when they are out of the office;
What part your role will play in The Championships
- You will spend time with business managers to understand the detailed operations involved in running The Championships to aid the delivery of your work.
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA) with relevant post qualification experience (likely to be between two to three years post qualified);
- Interest in the business and providing business support rather than just reporting the final numbers;
- Self-motivated and proactive; desire to contribute to the ongoing development of the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to challenge and influence senior stakeholders and tailor your communication to audiences of varying financial and commercial acumen;
- Excellent written and report writing skills;
- Strong IT skills reflecting the heavy use of Excel for reporting;
- Dedicated and consistent attention to detail;
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and multi-task;
- Founded in 1868, The All England Lawn Tennis Club is a private members' club. It owns The All England Lawn Tennis Club (Championships) Limited (“AELTC”), which organises and stages The Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships and The All England Lawn Tennis Ground PLC, which owns and develops the grounds and buildings at Wimbledon which are made available for staging The Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships. The Wimbledon Foundation is the charitable arm of the group.
- The AELTC has delivered substantial top line growth in recent years and expects that growth to continue in conjunction with an ambitious investment programme in the years ahead, including significant development of the Grounds and investment in our people. With the recent acquisition of the Wimbledon Park Golf Club, the AELTC will also continue to develop the Wimbledon Master Plan with the aim of making further improvements to the grounds and facilities in the future.
- The Finance Department’s role is to support the AELTC’s goal of delivering the world’s premier tennis tournament and to support one of the world’s most prestigious tennis clubs.
- The team work part of their week remotely and part in the office. Usually, colleagues in the finance team work around 3 days a week onsite but flexibility is crucial at peak times
- Our success is important to us and we are guided by our key values of Heritage, Integrity, Respect and Excellence.
- The role will use Unit 4 Agresso accounting software, including purchase orders. Training can be provided.
- You'll be part of a team of five finance business partners within a wider finance team of twenty individuals.